How to Keep Your Skin Clear
posted: May 26, 2020.
How your dermatologists in Wellesley Hills, MA, can help if you have acne
Clear skin is beautiful skin, but if you have acne, having clear skin may seem impossible. Fortunately, the dermatologists here at Newton Wellesley Dermatology in Wellesley, MA, offer a wide range of skincare services, including acne treatment—read on to learn more.
Acne: prevention and treatment
To help maintain clear skin, remember to:
- Always remove your makeup before you go to bed
- Thoroughly cleanse your skin every day. Use only mild cleansing products, and not soap, because soap can dry out your skin. It’s best to use cleansing gels, foams, or certain kinds of milk instead.
- Don’t rub your skin. Instead, gently pat your skin, leaving a small amount of moisture on the surface of your skin.
- Use an alcohol-free toner to rebalance the pH of your skin. Alcohol can dry out your skin.
Even with the best skin care routine, you can still suffer from acne. Whether you have blackheads, whiteheads, or cystic acne, your dermatologist can help clear up your skin. At Newton Wellesley Dermatology, we offer several effective acne treatments, including:
- Benzoyl Peroxide; for mild cases of acne to reduce blockages in pores
- Topical and oral antibiotics; to eliminate bacteria causing infection in your pores
- Tretinoin; to unplug the blockages caused by whiteheads and blackheads
- Extraction; to remove blemishes using a small instrument
- Hormonal treatments; to treat acne caused by a hormonal imbalance
If you are suffering from acne, don’t despair! There is a lot that you can do to achieve clear skin, and your dermatologist can help. To learn more about acne treatments and other skincare services, call the dermatologists of Newton Wellesley Dermatology in Wellesley, MA, at (781) 237-3500. Call now, and get started on clear skin today!